Birmingham, Ealing, Haringey
Salary: £9.00- £10.75 per hour
AM Care Services are looking for experienced healthcare individuals who are compassionate, enthusiastic and have a passion for person-centred care. It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm, reassuring manner, putting the service users at the heart of everything you do. AM Care Services approach to our staff is to offer you flexibility, choice, trust and security, with a 24-hour team to support you in your career.
We are currently seeking experienced support workers to join our team at our Birmingham, Haringey and Ealing Schemes to support adults with enduring mental health needs.
We provide a positive and homely environment. Each resident is treated as a unique individual and they are supported to achieve their optimum lifestyle and wellbeing. Outcomes and goals are negotiated, difficulties shared, and successes celebrated.
As this scheme provides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week services, we can offer staff a variety of hours, including day shifts.
Above all we want someone that shares in our values. These are:
- A commitment to quality and being the best at all times.
- Treating the service user’s we support with compassion
- Showing dignity and respect to the people that they will be working with
- Having trust and respect for all members of our team
- Support service users with their medication
- Support service users with their personal care and hygiene
- Support service users maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Support service users to medical and other professional appointments
- Support service users to maintain their accommodation
- Support service to prepare their meals
- Support service users on their holidays
- Support service users to find work and other educational courses they may find interest in.
- Support service users with their daily responsibilities in life.
- Minimum of 9 month’s experience within the health and social care sector
- A passion for promoting independence and well-being with residents and fellow staff
- An imaginative and innovative approach to support
- An experience and understanding of mental health issues would be an advantage
We offer you
- A choice of contracted and variable hours.
- Hourly pay rate up to £10.75 per hour.
- 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Free DBS (T & Cs apply).
- Free Uniform.
- Care Certificate training and ongoing support.
- Recognition and reward scheme.
- Private pension scheme.